My Health My Community
Employed by: Public Health Association of BC (PHABC)
Location: Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), Public Health Surveillance Unit, 601 W Broadway, 8th floor
Supervisor: Sara Forsting, Director, PHSU
Applications will be open until Friday March 16th, 2018
Please send your cover letter and resume to Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Public Health Association of BC is seeking a project manager to work in partnership with Vancouver Coastal Health Authority to coordinate and support the implementation of the My Health My Community Survey. The position will be located in Vancouver Coastal Health offices and report to the Regional Director of Public Health Surveillance with an administrative report to the Executive Director of PHABC.
The Project Manager plans and coordinates all aspects of the My Health My Community Survey, Round 2. The Project Manager will lead the development of the project plan and ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget. The Project Manager works with project team members, internal and external stakeholders and the MHMC Steering Committee to achieve project goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication skills and implementation of project plans.
My Health My Community is a web-based health and wellness survey that provides VCH residents the opportunity to help influence their community’s health priorities. The first survey was conducted in 2013/2014. The survey gathers specific information about the health status and health needs of the local population – a vital step in planning, delivery and evaluating local
health programs and policies. This project will be the second MHMC survey for residents of VCH. The survey questions are developed by VCH with input from local stakeholders.
More information about the project can be found at www.myhealthmycommunity.org.
- Established detailed MHMC project charter, plans and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables.
- Executes project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed, and ensures readiness for project implementation.
- Tracks project progress according to project plan, monitors and reports on the status of projects and major issues/obstacles encountered. Makes recommendations regarding project scope changes.
- Implements and/or contributes to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of project budgets within the context of operational demands and resource constraints and uses best utilization methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budgets.
- Maintains ongoing support for initiatives from MHMC Steering Committee and related working groups, helps keep stakeholders aware of project status and ensures effective communication channels are in place.
- Provides leadership and direction to project team members, conveys priorities, coordinates work and ensures issues are resolved or escalated to ensure project deliverables and timelines are met.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Science, Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant discipline with three or more years of recent, preferably related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
Excellent communication skills to succeed within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Effectively monitors budgets and executes project plans with stringent timelines.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of public health an asset, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building.
- Outstanding communicator.
- A set of values in alignment with the mission and strategic priorities of PHABC.
- Valid BC Driver’s licence and vehicle.
Salary: 65-75K per annum
Please send your resume and cover letter to Christina at email@example.com by Friday March 16th, 2018
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted