Why join PHABC?
- Advance your career: PHABC is BC’s leading source of training for public health practitioners.
- Members get reduced rates on all PHABC events, conferences and workshops.
- Access public health publications, research and literature.
- Stay informed about the latest public health events, activities and news.
- Volunteer to connect and work with BC’s public health leaders.
- Network and share knowledge through discipline-specific Communities of Practice. You can even start your own!
- Influence through advocacy. Join our collective voice to express public health concerns to government, industry and other interest groups.
What we do:
- Promote the development and implementation of public health policy.
- Lobby governments for disease prevention and public health promotion resources.
- Establish and advance standards for public health practice.
- Encourage research in public health issues
- Cooperate regionally, nationally and internationally with other organizations to promote health
Who can join?
Anyone interested in the public health can join PHABC. Current members include:
- Community Development Workers
- Educators and Students
- Health Information Scientists
- Medical Health Officers
- Mental Health and Addiction Workers
- Public Health Inspectors
- Public Health Nurses
- Social Justice Advocates
Health issues we address
- Aboriginal Health
- Environmental Health
- Family Health/Parenting
- Food Safety and security
- Health Promotion
- Health System Reform
- Housing and Homelessness
- Injury Prevention
- Mental Health and Addictions
- Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Seniors Wellness
- Vulnerable Populations
Get Involved Today!
Want to network with the public health leaders of BC? Gain valuable work experience? Get involved and volunteer! It’s the best way to make the most of your membership and advance your career.
Almost all of PHABC’s work is done by unpaid volunteers. Volunteering is one way to give back to our community. Contact us for current opportunities.