Senior Tele-Dietitian – Pediatric Nutrition Service Area
Ministry of Health
Salary $66,200.03 – $75,658.71 annually
HealthLink BC’s (HLBC) telehealth platform delivers high quality telehealth services across the continuum of care to health care providers and the public that positively impact the health care experience, health outcomes and the availability and use of health human resources in a way that will improve the affordability and sustainability of health care in British Columbia. HLBC’s comprehensive self-care and health system navigation services focus on quality client services to consumers and health care professionals. Core services include Navigation Services, Nursing Services, Dietitian Services, www.HealthLinkBC.ca, HealthLinkBC Files, Directory Services, and the BC HealthGuide Handbook.
The Specialized Nutrition Service Area Dietitian delivers advanced practice nutrition services to the public, health professionals and the media across British Columbia. The service provides medical and preventative nutrition advice through a variety of channels including telephone, public and professional print resources, web, email and approved social media channels. Services include: comprehensive therapeutic nutrition recommendations and care planning, case management, community resource cost data information, advanced practice nutrition consultation to other care professionals, and development of relevant nutrition policy recommendations and resources for the public and health professionals. Specialized service area nutrition services include an Allergy Nutrition Service, Oncology Nutrition Service and a Pediatric Nutrition Service which includes multiple areas of specialization.
As the Senior Tele-Dietitian, Pediatric Nutrition, your experience and training in pediatric nutrition, collaborative practice and interest in research, will support families to develop healthy feeding and eating practices, healthy growth and development and healthy weights, and to readily access pediatric nutrition care. Working in collaboration with service advisory committees, stakeholders and other HealthLinkBC service areas, you support evidence based best practices in telehealth nutrition. A skilled researcher, you develop Nutrition Service standard indicators and ensure the continuous improvement of Dietitian Services nutrition resources
Qualifications for this role include:
- Registered Dietitian, registered in good standing with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia. Restricted Activity A is required for the Pediatric Nutrition Service.
- Minimum of five (5) years recent relevant clinical, nutrition education and nutrition counselling and acute care experience including a minimum of two (2) years recent clinical nutrition practice relevant to the designated specialized nutrition services area.
- Experience in applied research and critical appraisal of scientific literature.
- Computer skills and experience with relevant software.
- Experience in program planning and policy development is an asset.
- Experience collaborating with community partners and stakeholders an asset.
- Experience developing practice guidelines and consumer education resources, and writing for public and health professionals an asset.
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by October 26, 2017, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=44503