Ministry of Health
Salary: $66,200.03 – $75,658.71 annually
HealthLink BC’s (HLBC) telehealth platform delivers high quality telehealth services across the continuum of care to health care providers and the public that positively impact the health care experience, health outcomes and the availability and use of health human resources in a way that will improve the affordability and sustainability of health care in British Columbia. HLBC’s comprehensive self-care and health system navigation services focus on quality client services to consumers and health care professionals. Core services include Navigation Services, Nursing Services, Dietitian & Physical Activity Services, www.HealthLinkBC.ca, HealthLinkBC Files, Directory Services, and the BC HealthGuide Handbook.
Provincial Food & Nutrition Policy Service Dietitians deliver nutrition and food science expertise and advanced practice consultation to food and food services industry representatives, health providers and the public, to develop awareness and adoption of food and nutrition regulations, policies and best practices related to a healthier food environment, healthy eating promotion and primary care nutrition across British Columbia. Service delivery channels include a combination of telephone, print, web, email, in person and approved social media channels. There are two positions in this service, each with a separate and distinct provincial policy service area of focus. The Provincial Food Policy Service Area Dietitian position focuses on provincial food policy and the Provincial Nutrition Policy Service Area focuses on provincial primary care nutrition policy. These positions report to the Director, Dietitian & Physical Activity Services.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Registered Dietitian, registered in good standing with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
- Minimum of five (5) years recent experience relevant to the Provincial Food & Nutrition Policy Service Area: the Provincial Food Policy Service Area, or the Provincial Nutrition Policy Service Area, including a minimum of two (2) years recent relevant experience as a Registered Dietitian, including by telephone.
- Provincial Nutrition Policy Service Area
- Work experience in the area of clinical nutrition practice in primary care, acute care, and ambulatory care is required for the Provincial Nutrition Policy Service.
- Significant experience in applied research and in critical appraisal of scientific literature and in writing practice guidelines, reports and public and professional resources in the relevant service area.
- Computer experience with relevant software, i.e. electronic health records, nutrient analysis applications, MS Office, etc.
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by October 26, 2017, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=44410