School District No. 39 (Vancouver)
Human Resources Advisor – Employee Wellness
The Vancouver School District is an exciting and dynamic school district which offers a wide range of opportunities for more than 50,000 learners from Kindergarten to adult. Our diverse School District employs almost 8,000 employees which are represented by 14 bargaining units as well as exempt management staff.
We are looking for a Human Resources Advisor to join our Employee Wellness Team within our Employee Services Division. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring our Attendance Support program follows district guidelines to provide a caring, supportive inquiry about absences that significantly exceed peer group averages. Your empathetic and knowledgeable approach will provide employees with information and resources available to them in each of the 14 collective bargaining unions and community resources to support employee wellness. Your coaching skills will assist supervisors, managers and principals/vice-principals with the tools they need to have informal supportive conversations with employees struggling to attend work. Your organization and attention to detail skills will assist you in planning and preparing wellness professional development opportunities and mandatory supervisory training sessions. Your day to day work will involve conducting formal attendance support conversations, meeting with union representatives and employees and liaising with our Employee Family Assistance Program and other resource providers to ensure our district has the appropriate resources to support employees to attend work regularly.
Your strong communication and business writing skills are imperative for conveying information clearly both internally and externally in occasionally emotionally charged situations. As well you will possess the ability to deal with sensitive issues objectively and to use your problem solving skills to apply to complex circumstances. Your organizational ability allows you to effectively manage your time, prioritize demand and juggle administrative tasks. You hold a university degree in a related field such as human resources, public administration, business administration or industrial relations. Your experience will ideally have been gained in a multi-union public sector environment with 5 years of progressively responsible human resources/labour management.
Reports to the Manager – Employee Wellness, the Employee Wellness Attendance Support Advisor is responsible for the implementation and coordination of programs and practices related to the well-being of employees and attendance management. Provides support to the Principals, Managers and supervisory staff in the case management of employees in the attendance support program.
- Administers the employee attendance & wellness support program
- Overseas systems for the collection of electronic employee attendance records for all employee groups
- Follows guidelines for identifying and supporting workplace attendance through informal and formal conversations that bring awareness and resources for the employee to consider
- Coaching supervisors on how to have an informal supportive conversation
- Administers and promotes employee wellness resources to reduce absenteeism
- Plans and leads wellness initiatives that reduce workplace stress and short-term disabilities by promoting preventative measures
- Develops and implements wellness workshops for professional development days
- Facilitates training sessions as needed to ensure the Attendance Support program is understood and followed by all newly hired exempt supervisors.
- Works closely with Employee Services staff and exempt supervisors
- Interacts on a case by case basis with individual site managers/administrators
- Regular interaction with all union groups
Other related duties as assigned
Apply via www.makeafuture.ca/vancouver by August 10, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. and include a cover letter and resume.
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
If you do not have a profile on Make a Future please create a profile to apply for management positions.
Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the “apply now” button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
You will automatically receive an email from this website letting your know your application to the competition has been received.