BC Ministry of Health
Office of the Seniors Advocate
Manager, Community Development and Communications
Salary $63,200.00 – $87,600.00 annually
The Office of the Seniors Advocate serves as an independent voice for seniors, monitoring and advising on a range of seniors’ services in British Columbia. This includes advocating in the interests of seniors and analyzing issues important to the welfare of seniors generally.
As a communications professional reporting directly to the Seniors Advocate, the Manager of Strategic Outreach and Stakeholder Initiatives provides leadership and support to the Seniors Advocate in the planning, creating and effective delivery of multiple strategies for improving the awareness and understanding of the Office of the Seniors Advocate to seniors, stakeholders and the general public. The position supports critical components of the Office’s work including identifying and maintaining collaborative partnerships with stakeholders using multi-media strategies.
If you are an experienced project manager with the initiative required for this challenging role, we look forward to your application.
Note: Periodic travel within the Province is required.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary training in communications or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Experience in communication tactics such as print production and writing for websites.
- Experience in managing web and social media presence.
- Experience developing web content.
- Experience with social media outreach and strategic online engagement.
- Experience in event planning.
- Project management experience including organizing, coordinating and managing event planning logistics, negotiating with venders/contractors, connecting with community organizations/contacts.
For more information and to apply online by August 17, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/52772