Ministry of Health
Drug Use Optimization Pharmacist
New Westminster, BC
$74,608.62- $97,379.88 annually
3% Recruitment & Retention Adjustment
Apply your exceptional pharmaceutical and communication skills in this rewarding, career building role
The Drug Intelligence, Optimization, Outcomes, and Strategy Branch provides strategic leadership and operations in Drug Program management of the Ministry of Health’s PharmaCare program. The branch leads the Ministry’s involvement in national pharmaceutical strategies, oversight and policy development of various specialty areas, and development of various drug use surveillance initiatives. The branch also promotes optimal use of medications and quality prescribing to improved health outcomes through initiatives such as Provincial Academic Detailing (PAD) service, and involvement in the development of provincial clinical practice guidelines.
The Pharmacist provides professional consultation, policy advice, literature evaluation, knowledge translation, and program evaluation for the Pharmaceutical Services Division and participates in the evidence based review process of new drugs, drug classes, and existing drugs on the PharmaCare Program’s benefit list. The Pharmacist requires a high level of understanding of pharmaceutical treatment and medical practice to understand and work with highly trained general practitioners, specialists, other healthcare professionals, patients and Ministry personnel. A highly effective communicator, you provide written communications to the public and senior executive for the Drug Intelligence, Optimization, Outcomes, and Strategy Branch. Organized and results oriented, you are able to deal with the daily pressure of critical timelines in a politically sensitive, highly confidential environment. A skilled collaborator, you establish and maintain productive working relationships with numerous internal and external stakeholders and provide direct support to the Drug Intelligence, Optimization, Outcomes, and Strategy Leadership Team.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Graduation from recognized Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences with a minimum Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy.
- Current registration and license in good standing as a Licensed Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of BC.
- Considerable (2-5 years) systems experience as a licensed practicing pharmacist in BC retail or hospital pharmacy practice.
- Experience in medical literature research, analysis and interpretation.
- Advanced degree (e.g., master’s or doctorate in pharmacy) or completion of recognized pharmacy residency program would be an asset.
For more information and to apply online by April 19, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/49521