BC Centre on Substance Use
Temporary Full Time Project Manager
The BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) is a provincially networked organization with a mandate to develop, help implement, and evaluate evidence-based approaches to substance use and addiction. BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) seeks to improve the integration of best practices and care across the continuum of substance use through the collaborative development of evidence-based policies, guidelines, and standards. With the support of the Province of BC, BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) aims to transform substance use policies and care by translating research into education and care guidance, thereby serving all British Columbians.
BCCSU is looking to hire a temporary Project Manager strong project management experience, experience working collaboratively with stakeholders in public health and or harm reduction, strong budget management skills and has good Microsoft Office skills. If you are looking for an opportunity to lead a highly- innovative and motivated team that supports the harm reduction program at BCCSU, as well as support other projects related to address substance-use, we want to hear from you. This role will provide growth-potential and the opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment that addresses some of the most pressing public health challenges of our time.
Reporting to the Director/Manager/Leader (or designate), the Project Manager provides organizational planning, oversight and coordination for the implementation of medium to large-scale project(s) related to new systems and processes that may impact multiple sites of the organization and/or partner organizations. Coordinates project activities to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and on budget. Works collaboratively and inspires others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of project vision, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive. Liaises with operational leaders, staff, vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure site(s) readiness and assists with the management of the change at the site level. Leads project team(s) and coordinates related activities. Communicates with stakeholders, and all levels of staff and management on the scope and status of the project and acts as a resource. Liaises with consultants and other external agencies, as needed.
- Works with other members of the project leadership team to establish detailed project charters, plans, and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables.
- Executes project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed, and ensures readiness for project implementation.
- Tracks project progress according to project plan, monitors and reports on the status of projects and major issues/obstacles encountered. Makes recommendations regarding project scope changes.
- Uses best utilization methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budgets.
- Acts as a resource to project team and staff, provides support and maintains project timelines.
- Contributes to the implementation of effective processes to ensure project success and to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Meets with stakeholders, explains parameters of project and seeks input from the interdisciplinary team. Works collaboratively with team members to establish roles and responsibilities, identify skills required and supports needed by the team.
- Manages and monitors project budget and liaises with the Director/Manager/Leader (or designate) on variances and/or other issues.
- Works in collaboration with organizational and project leadership and other stakeholders to develop a process of evaluation for project outcomes, data collection and analysis.
- Establishes roles and responsibilities of team members, identifies skills required and discusses timelines for project. Directs work of team members as applicable to project.
- Ensures accurate and timely communications to stakeholders including monitoring the communication processes between the project team, and internal and external stakeholders and introducing changes where required. Provides regular status reports to project leadership including reporting on milestones.
- Participates on a variety of committees and establishes positive working relationships in order to ensure successful outcomes and cooperation from others on the project.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Broad knowledge of health care systems including understanding the interface between primary, acute, community, research and academic environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of budget management, funding and project administration.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, rules and regulations and best practices within the sector.
- Ability to utilize initiative, vision, independent and analytical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Ability to interact productively and professionally with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders within a complex interdisciplinary environment including physician, nursing and other health professional communities.
- Effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation skills to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor others.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Functional knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Baccalaureate degree or a diploma in a relevant health related field and five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience that includes managing projects in a large, health care organization or related setting.
- Eligible for registration and/or registration with applicable licensing body may be required depending on project.
Should you meet the above qualifications and if you are interested in being part of a team that cares please click here or contact email@example.com . When applying please ensure to submit a resume and cover letter
Applications will be accepted until position is filled