BC Centre on Substance Use
Temporary Full Time Project Coordinator – Occupational Health & Safety
The BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) is a provincially networked organization with a mandate to develop, help implement, and evaluate evidence-based approaches to substance use and addiction. BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) seeks to improve the integration of best practices and care across the continuum of substance use through the collaborative development of evidence-based policies, guidelines, and standards. With the support of the Province of BC, BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) aims to transform substance use policies and care by translating research into education and care guidance, thereby serving all British Columbians.
We have recently posted a Project Coordinator to help support strategic initiatives from the BCCSU pertaining to increased accessibility to opioid agonist treatments (OAT) in BC. The project is focused on engaging construction industry employers and employees to help facilitate OAT policy change in this field. We are ideally looking for someone who has strong project coordination experience, experience working with harm reduction/experience working with marginalized populations, experience working in unionized environments , experience with Worksafe BC , a strong understanding of health care system and substance use disorders and experience with health care policies and reform processes. If you have strong project coordination experience, administration experience and are looking to make a difference we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator provides operational and administrative support to project staff in the implementation and conduct of the project in accordance with applicable policies, standards, procedures, and protocols. This position documents, tracks and reports of key activities; maintains an understanding of the project schedule, deliverables, and commitments; works with relevant staff on developing project actions and monitoring deliverables. Functions as the point of contact to receive and convey information related to the project(s). Communicates project status to all stakeholders and prepares and establishes reports, briefing documents and presentations. Coordinates and schedules appointments and meetings; prepares agendas, records meeting notes.
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Project Manager and other project staff in the development and operational implementation of assigned projects and initiatives. Act as a resource to project team and staff, including developing project actions, providing support, monitoring deliverables, and maintaining project timelines.
- Track project progress according to project plan, monitor and report on the status of projects and major issues/obstacles encountered. In collaboration with the Project Manager, identify and support resolution to problems or barriers for successful research projects/change initiatives completion.
- Maintain an understanding of the project schedule(s), deliverables, and commitments as set out in project charters and other work plans. Execute project plan according to project methodologies, ensuring the successful and coordinated completion of project components.
- Communicate project status and contribute to positive working relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, including regional and national government officials, healthcare providers, and people who use substances.
- Prepare reporting materials, including written reports, briefing documents, and presentations. Monitors period, quarterly, mid-year and year-end budget expenditures and reports variances. Gathers and summarizes financial information related to assigned projects for submission to the Project Manager and funder(s).
- Assist in the development of knowledge translation materials and effective strategies for dissemination of promotional materials.
- Plan and manage logistics for meetings, ranging from small team meetings to large stakeholder meetings, including management of catering, facilities, preparation and delivery of materials and presentations, producing meeting agendas, minutes, and summaries, and follow-up.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment under deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of and sensitivity to diversity issues.
- Computer literacy including experience in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and reference management software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Social Sciences, Public Health, Public Policy or related field supplemented with a minimum of two (2) years recent, related experience in project coordination or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience working in addiction, public health, health services, HIV and hepatitis are an asset.
- Experience working within a large, complex organization is an asset. Experience in coordinating projects and/or grant-based programs are an asset. Experience in preparing documents, reports, and communication materials.
- Experience with knowledge translation and ability to convey both research and evaluation findings and medical concepts to a range of audiences is an asset.
Should you meet the above qualifications and if you are interested in being part of a team that cares please click here or contact email@example.com . When applying please ensure to submit a resume and cover letter
Applications will be accepted until position is filled