BC Association of Farmers’ Markets
Farmers Market Nutrition Coupon Program Regional Coordinator
3 Positions Available:
Kootenays & Columbia Basin
Vancouver Island & Gulf Islands
10 to 14 hours/week Jun 1st , 2019 to Nov 15th , 2019
$20 per hour + eligible travel expenses
About BC Association of Farmers’ Markets
A non-profit founded in 2000, the mission of BC Association of Farmers’ Markets (BCAFM) is to support, develop and promote member farmers’ markets across British Columbia. BCAFM is a unified voice for 145+ member farmers’ markets who share a common BC Grow, Make, Bake philosophy. In addition to many other initiatives, BCAFM is proud to lead and deliver the BC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Coupon Program in partnership with the Province of British Columbia
and the Provincial Health Services Authority in 60+ communities bcfarmersmarket.org
Job Summary: Farmers’ Market Nutrition Coupon Regional Coordinator
The Farmers Market Nutrition Coupon Program (FMNCP) Regional Coordinators will support BCAFM and participating farmers’ markets and community partners in the program delivery, systems and administration of the FMNCP in 3 focus regions. There are currently 3 positions available in the following regions:
- Kootenays & Columbia Basin
- Vancouver Island & Gulf Islands
- Lower Mainland
The BCAFM is seeking a friendly, detail-oriented, highly organized individual who is able to work both independently and collaboratively. The FMNCP Regional Coordinator will report directly to the FMNCP Program Manager.
Each FMNCP Regional Coordinator will create a work plan and strategy, in collaboration with BCAFM FMNCP staff, which is uniquely tailored to the participating farmers’ markets and community partners in their region, as well as developing a community of practice.
The FMNCP Regional Coordinator positions are new and will adapt and evolve to meet the needs of the program. Outlined below are the anticipated support activities to be provided by the FMNCP Regional Coordinators.
Administrative & Logistical Support & Orientation/Training
- Support partners to better fulfill the administrative and reporting duties of the FMNCP
- Create and share regional specific tools and resources
Program Success & Program Innovation
- Identify areas where farmers’ markets and community partners need support in order to make the program more successful.
- Create opportunities for community partners and farmers’ markets in the region to communicate, work together and share information.
- Work with partners to create content and strategies to successfully promote the FMNCP, farmers’ markets and community partners through social media and traditional media.
- Contribute to BCAFM’s newsletters and communications related to FMNCP activity in the region.
- Support farmers’ markets to be more accessible to FMCNP participants.
- Share resources to support food literacy activities at farmers’ markets and community partners
- Support farmers’ markets and partners in their local and regional fundraising initiatives for the FMNCP, through the development of tools, mentoring and sharing resources.
- Identify regional funding opportunities to support and expand the program in the region.
- Support new grant applications to funders.
Province Wide Networking
- Participate in FMCNP meetings, providing updates on the region and seek additional tools and information to share in the region.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a similar coordinator position
- A high level of working knowledge of computers, databases, and software
- Able to work independently and from a home office, connecting remotely with the BCAFM head office in Vancouver as needed.
- Strong understanding of the FMNCP program operations, as well as farmers’ markets and community partners.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to problem solve and highly organized
- Ability to take initiative and be pro-active
- Strong interpersonal skills, a happy disposition, ability to exercise diplomacy, demonstrate a flexible attitude, maintain a positive focus, and use discretion with confidential information
- Knowledge and interest of farmers’ markets or involvement in the local food movement
BCAFM values inclusion and diversity. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and lived experience to apply.
Deadline & How to Apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume in PDF format, with your name in the title of the document on or before Monday, April 22, 2019 to email@example.com
- Please include ‘FMNCP Regional Coordinator’ in the email subject line
- Please note that interviews may be conducted during the recruitment period and only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you very much for your interest.