School District No. 43 (Coquitlam)
Learning Inclusion Support Worker
Permanent School Term and Casual
Coquitlam School District invites applications for permanent school term (10 month) and casual Learning Inclusion Support Workers. As the third largest school district in the province we are located within a 40-minute drive from downtown Vancouver. The school district has a population of 32,000 students with approximately 4,300 teaching, administrative, managerial and support staff.
Working under the principal/Manager of Education Assistants, or designate, Learning Inclusion Support Workers provide supervision and assistance to students with diverse needs who are categorized as mild to moderate based on their individual assessments.
- Assists education assistants and teachers with individual and/or group support involving multiple students within classroom settings or related facilities with life skills, curriculum and academics
- Encourages students’ participation in classroom activities and assist students’ with dally goals such as classroom tasks and assignments
- Modifies material/instructions for students as directed by a teacher
- Facilitates and encourages positive social interaction with students, staff and the community
- Facilitates independence in students with regards to basic life skills
- Escorts students to and from bus or taxi while on school property and arranges desks and work areas to provide ease of access
- Supports students while on school property and during school wide fieldtrips
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Grade 12 plus one year of post-secondary education in a relevant field such as; Early Childhood Education, Therapeutic Recreational, Residential Care Attendant, Social Service Worker, Youth Worker, Healthcare Worker or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A valid B.C. Class 5 driver’s license may be required.
This is a unionized position which offers $23.58 an hour, 30 hours a week.
- Casuals – plus 16% in lieu of benefits
- Permanent – includes an attractive benefit package, (Extended Health, Dental, MSP and Pension Plan, MPP)
To apply, please forward your resume to Karen McGaffney, Manager of Education Assistant. firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday April 16, 2019.
The successful applicants must complete two criminal record checks. We appreciate your interest but regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.