Occupational Health and Safety
(Temporary to approximately February, 2019)
An exciting opportunity exists at School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) for a Temporary Senior Manager, Occupational Health and Safety. This position is temporary to approximately February, 2019. School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) is the third largest school district in BC with approximately 4,000 employees and 32,000 students in 70 schools. We serve the communities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, and the villages of Anmore and Belcarra.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of comprehensive health and safety programs to ensure a healthy and safe work environment for our employees. This position reports to the Executive Director of Human Resources and manages a team, including a Health and Safety Coordinator and a Wellness and Disability Coordinator, to uphold safety standards for the District.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Advises and assists senior management and other persons involved in planning, controlling and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for work and study;
- Assigns and supervises the work of the Safety department staff in connection with all aspects of the District’s Health and Safety Program;
- Designs and implements prevention strategies based on identified and targeted areas of injuries;
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive claims management process aimed at maintaining the lowest possible accident claims rate for the educational sector;
- Analyzes work environments and designs programs to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury;
- Assists in the preparation and monitors the annual occupational health and safety budget;
- Participates in the Board’s emergency procedures and represents the department as required.
- Degree or diploma specializing in Occupational Health and Safety and have demonstrated successful application of this education;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the field of Health and Safety;
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience working in a large public sector unionized environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build relationships is essential;
- Must be a well-organized, self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work as an efficient team leader in establishing priorities, and achieving goals and objectives when faced with varied and conflicting demands;
- Previous supervisory experience.
The full job description can be found at www.sd43.bc.ca under District Office, Job Opportunities, Excluded Staff/Administration
A competitive salary is offered along with a generous benefits package. The successful applicant will be required to complete two criminal record checks.
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on December 11, 2017.
We thank you for your interest in this position; only those under consideration will be contacted.