School District #43 Coquitlam
Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator
As an employer who values our employees as our greatest assets, we have a current career opportunity for an Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator. School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) is the third largest school district in BC with approximately 4,000 employees and 33,000 students. We serve the communities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, and the villages of Anmore and Belcarra. Our district has been consistently rated by the British Columbia Ministry of Education as one of the best performing districts in the province and we are proud to run the largest international education program in Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Occupational Health and Safety, this position assists with the implementation and on-going administration of the District’s occupational health and safety program. This position also promotes health and safety awareness among all employees with a focus on claims management and injury prevention.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety;
- A minimum of three years of experience in the field of health and safety;
- Experience in stay at work/return to work programs, and claims management preferred;
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation is an asset;
- Experience planning and delivering safety training programs;
- Extensive knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Act, Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, and any other application legislation;
- Demonstrated experience working in a large public sector unionized environment preferred;
- Comprehensive knowledge of hazard identification, risk assessment, first aid regulations, and strategies to mitigate risk;
- Excellent working knowledge of accident/incident investigation practices and procedures;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential;
- Must be a well-organized self-starter with a demonstrated ability to establish priorities, and achieve goals and objectives when faced with varied and conflicting demands;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- A valid class 5 BC Driver’s License and business use of personal vehicle.
A competitive salary is offered along with an industry leading benefits package. The successful applicant will be required to complete two criminal record checks. To view the full job description, please visit our website at www.sd43.bc.ca under District Office>Job Opportunities>Excluded Staff/Administration.
To apply, please forward your cover letter, resume, three reference contacts and any other relevant documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, May 25, 2018.
We appreciate your interest but regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The deliberations of employees, and Committees used to screen and consider job applications, shall be kept in strict confidence, and shall not be disclosed to any person except as required by law. Personal references, recommendations and evaluations collected or generated by Board employees and Committee members as part of the Board’s hiring processes (other than references whose authorship and content is already known to the job applicant) shall be treated as having been supplied in confidence to the Board for the purposes of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.”