Regional Epidemiologist, Public Health Surveillance Unit
|Regional Epidemiologist, Public Health Surveillance Unit
|Public Health Surveillance Unit, Chief Med Health Officer – Vancouver, BC
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Regional Epidemiologist, Public Health Surveillance Unit with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Regional Epidemiologist, Public Health Surveillance Unit to join the Public Health Surveillance Unit. Apply today to join our team!
As a Regional Epidemiologist with VCH you will:
- Report to the Regional Director, Public Health Surveillance
- Monitor disease trends and health indicators for the purpose of the implementation of effective prevention strategies in Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
- This goal is achieved through the establishment, maintenance and periodic evaluation of regional surveillance data for diseases, health indicators and determinants of health.
- Partner with Medical Health Officers, Public Health Nurses, Environmental Health Officers, Infection Control Practitioners, Population Health, Health Protection, Emergency Management, as well as external colleagues at other health authorities, regional/hospital Epidemiologists, and provincial and federal Epidemiologists and laboratories on regional public health matters.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver’s North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Masters’ degree or PhD in Epidemiology or related discipline.
- Preference is given to candidates with at least four years of recent related experience in public health surveillance and evidence of strong methodological skills in study design and data analysis.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Exhibits strong epidemiologic and quantitative skills.
- Leads collation and interpretation of relevant epidemiological data.
- Will develop and utilize information and intelligence systems to underpin public health action across disciplines and organizations.
- Will undertake evidence-based reviews for specific project and programme work.
- Applies superior communication skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, providing advice, guidance and education consistent with good public health practice.
- Maintains current knowledge of new developments, trends and research in public health surveillance.
- Uses a variety of software applications at an advanced level to develop databases, conduct statistical analyses and prepare reports.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.