PURPOSE OF THE OKANAGAN CHARTER
The purpose of the Charter is threefold:
1. Guide and inspire action by providing a framework that reflects the latest concepts, processes and principles relevant to the Health Promoting Universities and Colleges movement, building upon advances since the 2005 Edmonton Charter.2
2. Generate dialogue and research that expands local, regional, national and international networks3 and accelerates action on, off and between campuses.
3. Mobilize international, cross-sector action for the integration of health in all policies and practices, thus advancing the continued development of health promoting universities and colleges.
The Charter has two Calls to Action for higher education institutions:
1. Embed health into all aspects of campus culture, across the administration, operations and academic mandates.
2. Lead health promotion action and collaboration locally and globally.
To view the full document visit: Okanagan Charter