The Public Health Association of BC is Hiring!
Reporting to the Operations Manager with oversight from the Executive Director, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for handling the clerical and administrative duties of the association. The Administrative Coordinator will support the Financial Officer and Operations Manager to ensure the smooth operation of the organization including acting as primary phone and email contact, maintaining the digital and physical office files, board, executive & committee support, managing the large membership and volunteer base, providing administrative support to multiple on-going and up-coming projects, coordinating events, and basic website and social media posting and maintenance.
The ideal candidate will be confident in a dynamic environment with multiple project and duties, be a professional communicator, detail oriented, flexible, solutions-focused and able to work independently. A valid divers license and access to a personal vehicle is required to complete duties in town and occasional travel out of town for PHABC engagements. The position is located in Victoria, BC.
The Public Health Association of BC (PHABC) is a voluntary, non-profit charity (est. 1953) that promotes and protects public health by actively working to advance the development and implementation of healthy public policy, by encouraging and facilitating research that supports public health and cooperating regionally, nationally and internationally with partner organizations. Its national linkages enable the PHABC to participate in dialogue and action on matters of interest across Canada. The PHABC has a long track record of fiscal and administrative stability and considerable experience with community development, continuing education, initiatives addressing the determinants of health and project planning, implementation, assessment and evaluation. PHABC has partnered with the federal and provincial governments to carry out significant knowledge development and exchange projects.
PHABC maintains a number of provincial programs including I Boost Immunity, Farm to School BC, Immunize BC, Can You Dig It, BC Coalition for Healthy School Food – BC Chapter and Kids Boost Immunity, now a national program with a pilot recently developed in Scotland and interest from other countries.
- Perform clerical duties to ensure effective workflow of the office including filing, faxing, picking up & delivering mail, answering phone calls, and responding to emails;
- Support of Board and Committees activities, assisting the ED and Committee Chairs in the organization and coordination of meetings and other events;
- Format and edit all documents (contracts, policies, communications, notices, presentations and publications) as requested;
- Create and execute office calendar and arrange travel for ED, staff, and board as necessary and requested;
- Maintain the electronic records of the association including policies, project documents, policies, and financials;
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the coordination of a variety of events including the PHABC conference, summer institute, annual general meeting, and board face-to-face;
- Undertake communication activities such as newsletters, social media posts and website postings;
- Membership database maintenance and customer service support;
- Assist Operations Manager, Financial Officer and ED to conduct activities related to financial month- and year-end reviews;
- Assist with the completion of reporting requirements for funders as assigned;
- Assist project managers and consultants to meet project deliverables by developing and providing administrative documents as requested.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Post-secondary certificate in Administration or Business and a minimum of 2 years’ experience;
- Experience and familiarity with non-profits, charities and reporting to a board of directors;
- Highly proficient in MS Office: including Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint;
- Experience using graphic design software (Adobe Acrobat), website management (WordPress, CiviCRM), social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite), financial services (PayPal, Stripe, online banking), and mailing services (Cyber Impact) preferred;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills;
- A detail-oriented, flexible and solutions-based work ethic;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and assume responsibility with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse people and groups, strong interpersonal & relationship building skills;
- Possess a fundamental respect for all whom they meet and encounter through their work;
- Valid BC Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
This is a 1.0 FTE position, valued at forty (40) hours per week at a rate of $24.72 per hour and including three (3) week’s paid vacation. The selected candidate will be offered permanent employment including extended health & dental benefits, sick leave, and access to the association’s pension plan (in development) following a successful probationary period of ninety (90) days.
Please submit a resume, 3 references, and a cover letter detailing why you would be the ideal candidate for the position to Christina Harding at email@example.com by Friday September 17th, 2021. Please include PHABC Administrative Coordinator Job Posting in your email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PHABC is an equal opportunity organization and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.