Qualified Exercise Professional
Salary $33.15 – $37.84 hourly
BC Ministry of Health
Two positions available – both positions will be temporary “As and When” (called when needed) with end date of March 31, 2018
HealthLink BC’s (HLBC) telehealth platform delivers high quality telehealth services across the continuum of care to health care providers and the public that positively impact the health care experience, health outcomes and the availability and use of health human resources in a way that will improve the affordability and sustainability of health care in British Columbia. HLBC’s comprehensive self-care and health system navigation services focus on quality client services to consumers and health care professionals. Core services include Navigation Services, Nursing Services, Dietitian & Physical Activity Services, www.HealthLinkBC.ca, HealthLinkBC Files, Directory Services, and the BC HealthGuide Handbook.
HealthLink BC is a transforming organization that will realize technological innovation and enhancement of current core services and an expansion and integration into other health-related initiatives that will promote improved wellness and health for the residents of British Columbia and other jurisdictions. HealthLink BC plays an integral role in health system redesign and Ministry of Health initiatives now and into the future.
The Qualified Exercise Professional delivers telehealth physical activity services to the public, health professionals and the media in British Columbia. The services provides physical activity information, education and advice to clients on becoming active and maintaining a healthy lifestyle through a variety of channels including telephone, public and professional print resources, web, email and approved social media channels.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Undergraduate degree in Exercise Science (e.g. Bachelor of Kinesiology).
- Certified Exercise Physiologist, certified in good standing with the Health and Fitness Federation of Canada and with the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology. Advanced certification or completion of additional training or internship in exercise science is an asset.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent relevant experience as a certified exercise physiologist in providing physical activity information, guidance (e.g., exercise prescription, precautions, resources, tools) and health screening for a wide range of callers, including children, athletes, families, older adults, and individuals living with chronic medical conditions, in a tele-health environment.
- Work experience in physical activity related education and behavioural counselling acquired in a variety of settings. Experience in lifestyle counselling by telephone is preferred.
- Significant experience in applied research and critical appraisal of the literature and in writing practice guidelines and public and professional resources.
- Computer experience with relevant software. I.e. electronic health records, exercise program software, MS Office, etc.
- Experience talking on the phone and typing simultaneously.
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply online by August 1, 2017, please visit: