Ministry of Health – Pharmaceutical Services Division
Director, Optional Use and Evaluation
Salary $90,900.00 – $118,400.00 annually
Bring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to this important role
The Director, Optimal Use and Evaluation (OUE) is responsible for providing strategic vision, operational leadership, and advanced clinical and evaluation expertise to lead the OUE unit. The OUE unit leads and/or supports the development and implementation of initiatives and programs that: (1) Improve quality prescribing and patient medication use to achieve improved health outcomes in an evidence-informed and cost-effective manner; (2) Monitor, evaluate, and measure performance of drug utilization in the province and related Ministry programs.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for the role include:
- Advanced clinical degree in Pharmacy (e.g., post-graduate Doctor of Pharmacy – PharmD) and a minimum of 2 years active and relevant practical experience* OR
- A degree (e.g., Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy – B.Sc. (Pharm). or Entry-to-Practice Doctor of Pharmacy) and a minimum of 5 years active and relevant practical experience* OR
- An equivalent combination of education and active and relevant practical experience*AND
- Must be a pharmacist licensed to practice in British Columbia or able to complete the registration within the first 90 days of employment.
*Active and relevant practical experience may include:
- Experience managing longer term policy projects and recommending strategies and remedial measures;
- Progressive experience in a management team setting requiring collaboration, collegial challenges and sensitivity to stakeholder perspectives;
- Experience preparing, high level reports including medical writing and editing consensus statements and guidelines;
- Experience in a breadth of pharmacy practices e.g., community and hospital settings, public drug plan;
- Related experience in optimal drug use projects/programs and drug use evaluation and/or performance measures
For more information and to apply by October 11, 2019, please go to: