Ministry of Health
Director, Access Audits and Agreements & Assistant Chief Data Steward
Salary $87,600.00 – $114,100.00 annually
Combine your client service, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning skills in this challenging role
The Health Sector Information, Analysis and Reporting Division (HSIAR) sets the foundation for the delivery of high quality health sector information, analytics and reporting.
Data Management and Stewardship (DMS) provides leadership in the use of, and access to, health data to support evidence-informed decisions, policy, analysis and research directed to achieving improvements in health outcomes. The branch is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic vision for health secondary data management and data security, ensuring that Ministry data assets are appropriately managed and effectively leveraged.
This position will oversee the development, design and implementation of a Ministry wide Informatics security framework for secondary use data. The Director oversees the management of and directs the oversight and establishment of information sharing agreements between the Ministry and external partners (cross government provincial, national, international) and clients; and fills the role of Ministry Assistant Chief Data Steward exercising independent judgement related to the Ministry’s highly complex and sensitive data sharing issues.
Qualifications for this role include:
- University degree in Health Information, Public Administration, Computer Science or other relevant degree (related to data management, data access, research, privacy legislation, etc.), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience managing staff, project teams and building a team environment.
- Minimum three (3) years’ progressive experience on a senior management team demonstrating collaboration and organizational leadership.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience engaging multiple stakeholders at a management level (for example: all levels of government, vendors, non-governmental organizations, etc.) and demonstrating sensitivity to stakeholder perspectives.
- Experience related to privacy and security policy and legislation, within British Columbia.
For more information and to apply before September 11, 2018 please go to: