Ministry of Children and Family Development
$63,513.10 – $83,363.66 annually
2 Positions available
Provide leadership, supervision and training in a dynamic and changing environment
Under the general direction of a Program Coordinator, and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, the Shift Supervisor directs and supervises the comprehensive delivery of childcare and nursing services by: supervising Childcare Counsellors and Psychiatric / Registered Nurses; carry out pre-assessment and treatment services for severely thought disordered or conduct disordered adolescents admitted to the Maples Adolescent Centre.
The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Eligible to practice Nursing under the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals as a psychiatric nurse or registered nurse.
- Minimum of two years experience in Psychiatric Nursing
- Extensive experience working within the service delivery system for difficult to manage or psychiatrically ill individuals
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience in residential care
- Recent (within the last 2 years) supervisory experience.
For more information and to apply online by September 12, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/62945
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.