Indigenous Outreach Worker
Ministry of Children and Family Development
Surrey, Delta or Langley
$60,998.61 – $69,422.06 annually
This is a temporary opportunity until August 31, 2022.
A permanent appointment may result from this temporary appointment.
Be a part of a dedicated team who is passionate about achieving our vision of an inclusive and supportive community where children, youth and their families thrive!
As an Indigenous Mental Health Outreach Worker, you provide specialized mental health assessment and treatment services to Indigenous children, youth and their families. Specialized services also include community development, consultation, co-ordination, education and contract management in regard to child and youth mental health.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca or by phone: 778-698-1336.
Qualifications for this role include:
• BSW, BA (Psychology), Bachelor’s degree in Child and Youth Care, Registered Nurse, Registered Psychiatric Nurse or comparable degree at Bachelor’s level, OR
• Diploma in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing plus 2 years of relevant experience
• Minimum 1 year of experience providing child & youth mental health services
• Minimum 6 months of experience providing outreach services
• Minimum 6 months of experience facilitating groups for adolescents
Preferences may be given to applicants who:
• Self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit with the required combination of education and experience.
• Have extensive experience with Indigenous communities
For more information, and to apply online by December 8, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/81730