HealthLink BC – Ministry of Health
Salary $60,531.87 – $69,104.56 annually
HealthLink BC’s (HLBC) telehealth platform delivers high quality telehealth services across the continuum of care to health care providers and the public that positively impact the health care experience, health outcomes and the availability and use of health human resources in a way that will improve the affordability and sustainability of health care in British Columbia. HLBC’s comprehensive self-care and health system navigation services focus on quality client services to consumers and health care professionals. Core services include Navigation Services, Nursing Services, Dietitian & Physical Activity Services, www.HealthLinkBC.ca, HealthLinkBC Files, Directory Services, and the BC HealthGuide Handbook.
HealthLink BC is a transforming organization that will realize technological innovation and enhancement of current core services and an expansion and integration into other health-related initiatives that will promote improved wellness and health for the residents of British Columbia and other jurisdictions. HealthLink BC plays an integral role in health system redesign and Ministry of Health initiatives now and into the future.
The Tele-Dietitian delivers telehealth nutrition services to the public, health professionals and the media in British Columbia. The service provides medical nutrition education and counselling and preventative health nutrition information through a variety of channels including telephone, public and professional print resources, web, email and approved social media channels. The position reports to the Operation Manager, Dietitian & Physical Activity Services.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Registered Dietitian, registered in good standing with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
- Minimum of two (2) years recent relevant experience as a registered dietitian in acute care, community health, public health or continuing care.
- Work experience demonstrating strong clinical and nutrition education and counselling skills acquired in hospital, community, long-term care and or private practice settings.
- Experience in media interviews and public speaking an asset.
- Computer experience with relevant software. i.e. electronic health records, MS Office, etc.
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by November 29, 2017, please visit: