Qualified Exercise Professional
Burnaby or Langley, BC
Salary $33.77 – $38.53 hourly
This position will be temporary “As and When Needed” with an end date of March 31, 2019.
Apply your program development and analytical skills to support exceptional service delivery
HealthLink BC’s (HLBC) telehealth platform delivers high quality telehealth services across the continuum of care to health care providers and the public that positively impact the health care experience, health outcomes and the availability and use of health human resources in a way that will improve the affordability and sustainability of health care in British Columbia. HLBC’s comprehensive self-care and health system navigation services focus on quality client services to consumers and health care professionals.
HealthLink BC is a transforming organization that will realize technological innovation and enhancement of current core services and an expansion and integration into other health-related initiatives that will promote improved wellness and health for the residents of British Columbia and other jurisdictions. HealthLink BC plays an integral role in health system redesign and Ministry of Health initiatives now and into the future.
The Qualified Exercise Professional delivers telehealth physical activity services to the public, health professionals and the media in British Columbia. The services provides physical activity information, education and advice to clients on becoming active and maintaining a healthy lifestyle through a variety of channels including telephone, public and professional print resources, web, email and approved social media channels.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Undergraduate degree in Exercise Science (e.g. Bachelor of Kinesiology) or equivalent.
- Certified Exercise Physiologist, certified in good standing with the Health and Fitness Federation of Canada and with the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology or with the American College of Sports Medicine. Advanced certification or completion of additional training or internship in exercise science is preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years as a practicing certified exercise physiologist with experience providing physical activity information, guidance (e.g., exercise prescription, precautions, resources, tools) and health screening for a wide range of clients, including children, athletes, families, older adults, and individuals living with chronic medical conditions. Experience in a tele-health environment is preferred.
- Work experience in physical activity related education and behavioural counselling acquired in a variety of settings. Experience in lifestyle counselling by telephone is preferred. Experience in family-centred care working with children in the area of weight management is preferred.
- Significant experience in applied research and critical appraisal of the literature and in writing practice guidelines and public and professional resources.
- Experience talking on the phone and typing simultaneously.
For more information and to apply online by April 23, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/49338