Director, Overdose Community Response
$77,700.20 – $110,000.05 annually
Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions
Victoria or Vancouver
Bring your vision, leadership and strategic skills to this important role.
The Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions leads the Province of British Columbia in efforts to improve the mental well-being and reduce substance use-related harms for all British Columbians. The ministry has overall responsibility for the development of a coherent, accessible and culturally safe mental health and addictions system that is effective for individuals and families across the lifespan throughout the province. The ministry is also responsible for escalating an immediate response to the province’s overdose emergency and aims to strengthen social supports and services that impact mental health and well-being (for example, housing, employment, income, education and childcare).
As the Director, you oversee the day-to-day operations of the OERC and manage the development, implementation and evaluation of major projects that involves leading sub-projects and/or multiple delivery components in response to the overdose emergency. You partner with key stakeholders and community partners such as Indigenous organizations, health authorities, municipalities, individuals and families with lived experience and community organizations to facilitate implementation of a comprehensive package of interventions across the province. Projects are taken from original concept through completion.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in social work, nursing, epidemiology, public health, public administration or related field. Master’s degree is preferred. OR;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Minimum 3 years (preference may be given for 5 years or more), recent related experience must include:
- Planning and evaluating addictions programs and service delivery.
- Managing relationships with senior leaders and stakeholders and leading consultation sessions.
- Leading teams in the development and implementation of a diverse range of projects.
- Managing financial resources and staff.
For more information and to apply online by March 28, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/83610