Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to 23,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country, Oyama, and the Regional District of Central Okanagan.
Clerk – WorksafeBC Claims – Temporary Full-Time
Pay Grade 7 – Job #0703 – $26.00/Hour. Thirty-five (35) hours per week, twelve (12) months of the year.
Job end date: February 12, 2022 with possible extension.
Under the supervision of the Health & Safety Manager – WorkSafe Injury Management , this position will primarily be assisting/working with WorkSafeBC (WCB) and personnel from the partner School Districts in the completion of appropriate claims documentation and effective management of occupational injuries in accordance with the WorkSafeBC / Workers Compensation Act.
Applicants must have:
- completed Grade 12 (Senior Secondary School Graduation);
- six (6) months secretarial training (Office Administration Program) at a Community College;
- six (6) months previous experience in a related position including Disability/Claims/Return to Work Management;
- successful completion of District clerical assessment;
- a net typing speed of fifty (50) words per minute;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- knowledge and experience with word processing skills and Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel), as well as SharePoint and Adobe;
- completed the required Health & Safety training
Applicants will be expected to:
- maintain a high quality of work including accuracy and dependability;
- make independent decisions by applying Law/Policy (WorkSafeBC Act);
- exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism to provide empathetic, tactful, respectful and courteous service;
- apply strong organizational and time management skills to handle a high volume of claims;
- effectively communicate confidential and sensitive information to a variety of clients, both orally and in writing, using discretion and tact;
- work both independently and in a team environment.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply with cover letter and resume outlining relevant background and work experience and 3 professional references.
Application must include:
1. copy of post-secondary certification transcripts/diploma
2. copy of grade 12 transcripts/diploma
3. copy of certified supervised typing test – 50wpm net
Please apply on Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3lyS2ij. The Central Okanagan Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.