- This event has passed.
The 7th Conference on Recent Advances in the Prevention and Treatment of Childhood and Adolescent Obesity – Beyond the Clinic
October 25, 2018 - October 27, 2018
Beyond the Clinic
The 7th Conference on Recent Advances in the Prevention and Treatment of Childhood and Adolescent Obesity
October 25-27, 2018
The Westin Calgary, AB, Canada
Call for Abstracts now open! Click here to check out the guidelines
Mark Your Calendars!
This conference brings together an interdisciplinary group of professionals working in the field of childhood and adolescent obesity. The 7th conference will focus on a range of topics that impact the prevention and treatment of obesity beyond the clinic setting, considering the broader social and environmental factors that influence the health of children, adolescents, and families. This multi-theme meeting will explore the role that health care professionals can play in promoting healthy strategies within the greater community to enhance the well-being of children and adolescents living with obesity. Specifically, the conference will showcase examples of successful collaborations that span diverse settings, including the health care system, government, schools, and community at-large.
As a result of attending this conference, participants will be able to:
- Review the importance of community health and highlight successful strategies for promoting healthy lifestyles
- Analyze new trends in nutrition and healthy lifestyle aiming at preventing childhood and adolescent obesity
- Examine the role of social and environmental influences on obesity (e.g. social determinants of health; built environment; social network; media; technology)
- Provide a forum for networking and collaboration among health professionals, educators, researchers, policy makers, trainees and other stakeholders with an interest in childhood and adolescent obesity
- Highlight opportunities for attendees to promote healthy habits and environments in the broader community
Who should Attend:
This interdisciplinary conference will be of interest to the following audiences: administrators/managers, advocacy organizations, behavioural therapists, community health workers, counselors, diabetes educators, dietitians, early childhood educators, educators and teachers, families, family development workers, family physicians, family resource program staff, fitness professionals, health professionals, nurses, nutritionists, pediatricians, parents, policy makers, psychologists, researchers, school administrators, social workers, students
For more information, please visit the website at http://interprofessional.ubc.ca/initiatives/obesity2018/
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on an enquiry list for updates.