- This event has passed.
2016 Summer School
July 11, 2016 - July 12, 2016
The Public Health Association of BC is pleased to announce for the 7th consecutive year:
2016 PHABC Summer School
July 11th – 12th from 9:00am – 4:30pm
“Promoting Health and Sustainability: The case of climate change and energy use”
To bring together individuals involved in the delivery of public health activities to examine the application of the Ottawa Charter as related to climate change issues and the implications for health and health equity actions at the individual, health care system and community level.
For more information about registration please contact Cecilia Velasco at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Public Health Summer School welcomes participants from a variety of fields and backgrounds who are working directly or indirectly on public health issues and health promoting activities across our province.
- Frontline health providers
- Recreation practitioners
- Managers & Leaders
- Academics & Researchers
- Municipal Council Members
- Policy analysts
- Program & Project Planners
- Community partners
- Graduate and Medical Students
- Environment Movement
Multiple locations across BC are linked via UBC Video Technologies
- University of Victoria – room MSB 160 LT – 3800 Finnerty Road, Victoria, BC V8P 5C2
- University of British Columbia – room LSC 1001 LT – 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3
- University of Northern BC – room NHSC 9-235 LT – 3333 University Way, Prince George, BC V2N 4Z9
- University of British Columbia-Okanagan – room RHS 148 – 333 University Way, Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
Sub sites: If you are interested in hosting a site in your location please contact Cecilia Velasco at email@example.com
Why YOU Should Register?
This is a unique opportunity for professionals and students with a shared interest in improving the quality of life for British Columbian’s to:
- Learn from each other
- Build intersectoral relationships
- Develop new skills and knowledge
- Apply new skills and knowledge
- Improve public health by informing future directions
How do we deliver ALL of this?
Our summer school focuses on skill development based on a foundational understanding of climate change issues and provides a mixture of:
- Keynote presentations
- Case studies
- Team work
- Hands-on activities
Benefits of becoming a PHABC Member when registering for the Summer School:
- SAVE on registration for the Summer School and Fall Annual Conference
- Stay in touch with Public Health activities and Health Promotion initiatives across BC
- Network with intersectoral partners concerned about climate change and impact on health of British Columbians.
|Does NOT include lunch
2 Day Registration
|Student non member||$120.00|
*Refreshments will be served at Main locations.
PHABC membership annual fee: