Resource Management Tele-Dietitian
Ministry of Health
A unique and challenging opportunity to apply your skills
HealthLink BC’s (HLBC) telehealth platform delivers high quality telehealth services across the continuum of care to health care providers and the public that positively impact the health care experience, health outcomes and the availability and use of health human resources in a way that will improve the affordability and sustainability of health care in British Columbia. HLBC’s comprehensive self-care and health system navigation services focus on quality client services to consumers and health care professionals. Core services include Navigation Services, Nursing Services, Dietitian & Physical Activity Services, www.HealthLinkBC.ca, HealthLinkBC Files, Directory Services, and the BC HealthGuide Handbook.
The Resource Management tele-dietitian develops high quality consumer and professional nutrition resources, in collaboration with stakeholders, for use by Dietitian Services, the public, health professionals and the media, through the CC-PEN nutrition knowledge base and through the HealthLink BC public website, and through provision of subject matter expertise for stakeholder provincial nutrition resource development. Service delivery channels include telephone, print, web and email. The position reports to the Lead, Resource Management, Dietitian & Physical Activity Services and collaborates with Dietitians of Canada to contribute to the Practice-based Evidence in Nutrition (PEN) system.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Registered Dietitian, registered in good standing with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
- Minimum of four (4) years recent relevant experience as a registered dietitian.
- Work experience demonstrating strong clinical and nutrition education and counselling skills acquired in hospital, community, long-term care and/ or private practice settings.
- Experience in applied research and critical appraisal of scientific literature.
- Experience developing practice guidelines and consumer education resources, and writing for public and health professionals.
- Computer experience with relevant software i.e. electronic health records, MS Office, etc.
- Experience in media interviews and public speaking considered an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates with evidence of completion of the Dietitians of Canada’s Evidence-Based Decision Making – Online Course, education in adult education, and/or writing for publication or journalism.
Salary $60,531.87 – $69,104.56 annually
For more information and to apply online by February 8, 2018, please go to: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=47095