Pender Island Community Hall
Farm Programs Coordinator and Leader
Pender Island Community Hall is now accepting applications for a summer position as Farmers Programs Coordinator and Leader. This position is open to youth 15 – 30 years. The incumbent must have the ability to work flexible hours, including Saturdays and some evenings. This position requires an acceptable criminal record check.
Farm Programs Coordinator duties will include:
- Assist with the Farmers Market set-up
- Liaise with farmers, artists and artisans
- Develop a Youth Leadership camp about event management in conjunction with the Fall Fair
- Develop and lead farm & heritage crafts and activities for all ages
- Budgeting & purchasing for the programs
- Supervise & provide support to volunteers & LIT
Other duties will include:
- Develop a farm and heritage skills database
- General office administration
- Liaise & collaborate with community organizations
- Organize special events & regular activities
- Assist with regular events & activities
- Promotion, advertising, marketing & public relations
- Work collaboratively with the Hall Manager
- Carry out additional duties as required
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- Able to lift and carry 30 – 40lbs.
- Experience developing and leading activities.
- Interest or knowledge in heritage, rural or farm life skills and culture.
- Good communication (verbal and written), customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of local activities, resources and community groups
- Working towards a degree in Agriculture, Management, Business, Tourism, Community Development…
- Foodsafe and Class 4 would be an asset
- Current First Aid Training with CPR & AED
- Current Criminal Records Check
Please email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Anticipated Start Date: July 2, 2019
Anticipated End Date: August 31, 2019
Hours: 30 hrs per week minimum, plus additional hours as mutually agreed.
Schedule will include some evenings, Sundays and most Saturdays. Additional training hours may be available in the spring.
Wage: $14.50 /hour.
Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org