Island Health is starting a targeted vaccination campaign for those currently at highest risk of acquiring and spreading monkeypox. We encourage those who meet the following criteria:
- At least 18 years old and transgender or self-identify as belonging to the gay, bisexual or as other men who have sex with men community and answer yes to any of the following:
- Have received a diagnosis of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and/or syphilis in the past 2 months;
- Have had two or more sexual partners within the past 21 days;
- Have attended venues or other locations for sexual contact within the past 21 days (e.g., bath houses, sex clubs, park play) or may be planning to;
- Have had anonymous sex in the past 21 days (e.g., using apps, online sites, formal/informal gatherings) or may be planning to;
- Engage in sex work or may be planning to, either as a worker or a client.