The Public Health Association of BC and ImmunizeBC are looking for an energetic and productive Manager of Fundraising and Sponsorship. The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of existing funders as well as seek out new donors, for two PHABC programs primarily: Kids Boost immunity (KBI) and I Boost immunity (IBI).
The successful candidate will support the overarching work of the organization to promote immunization to various BC, Canadian and international audiences. Having a strong reputation for problem-solving skills, diligent work ethic, and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, while possessing a positive, optimistic mindset with a can-do attitude are your familiar tools of the trade.
Who we are:
The Public Health Association of BC (PHABC) is a voluntary, nonprofit, non-government, member-driven organization that provides leadership to promote health, well-being and social equity. We fulfill our mission through advocacy, collaboration, education and research, and do this work through the spectrum of public health practice; including prevention, promotion, protection, and policy. Two of PHABC’s key programs, Kids Boost Immunity and I Boost Immunity require ongoing financial support to sustain and grow for the long term.
Kids Boost Immunity (KBI) is a bilingual digital educational platform consisting of free online lessons, videos and quizzes for students from grades 4-12 across Canada. Materials are aligned to curricular outcomes in all provinces and territories in science, social sciences, health, critical thinking and media awareness. KBI is a made-in-BC program with a national and international presence developed over several years and involves many partnerships, including UNICEF Canada. For more information about KBI, go to https://kidsboostimmunity.com/.
I Boost immunity (IBI) is similar to KBI but designed to educate adults through a series of free onlines quizzes, articles, and stories all about the importance of immunization. A unique feature of both platforms is a participatory reward that enables users to earn and donate vaccines for children through a partnership with UNICEF Canada. For more information about IBI, go to https://iboostimmunity.com/.
- Seek out ongoing funding opportunities from private, government, and corporate funders for IBI, KBI specifically, as well as identify potential opportunities to support PHABC’s broader public health mission
- Build and manage a diverse portfolio of donors (foundations, corporations, government, major, and legacy individual donors) through referrals, events, personal engagement, and proposals
- Nurture donors to deeper levels of engagement, including multi-year corporate, foundation, or personal philanthropic pledges
- Position/structure/write proposals to maximize successful closure
- Meet revenue generation targets
- Begin to develop a portfolio of potential major gift donors, focusing on building and maintaining relationships
- Management responsibilities:
- Forecast and oversee fundraising revenue and expense budget
- Develop and maintain key revenue and activity reports
- Develop and maintain revenue forecasts by sector
- Manage existing donor relationships and fulfillment activities to ensure donors receive appropriate reports and relevant information
- Create and maintain a donor proposal pipeline by meeting deadlines and exploring new opportunities in the private and public sectors
- Explore creation of a legacy program through the development of a major gift portfolio
- Ensure that potential donors align with PHABC’s corporate sponsorship policy
- Strategic philanthropy responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies for cultivating new donors and strategic relationship management
- Prepare annual planning, goal setting and evaluation related to our overall strategic goals related to philanthropy and sponsorship
- Participate in strategic planning and maintain long-range fundraising plan
- You are a dreamer and dream maker; self motivated and a motivator of others
- You have excellent leadership skills and the know-how to mentor team members in the art of fundraising
- You are an excellent listener and genuinely enjoy working with different types of people
- You set high expectations for yourself and possess a positive ‘can-do’ disposition
- Perseverance comes naturally to you
Your experience and abilities:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, or equivalent experience at the required level
- You have 5+ years experience working in the philanthropic or corporate sponsorship sector.
- You have managed a successful fundraising portfolio across a broad range of industries and sectors
- You have held a position in developing and presenting donor strategies and reports to directors, the public, or boards of directors
- You have experience developing and closing corporate sponsorships and/or foundation grants
- You possess excellent written communication skills with experience writing business plans, proposals, introductions, etc.
- A Certified Fundraising Executive (CRFE) designation is an asset
- Bilingualism (English and French or other second language) is desirable
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly.
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Application deadline: 2021-02-05
Expected start date: 2021-03-01
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $38,995.00-$64,690.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings