Director, Dietitian and Physical Activity Services
Ministry of Health
Over time through performance based in-range movement employees will have the opportunity to reach the maximum of their position’s salary band.
– This position is excluded from union membership.
– This position will be located in Burnaby. Travel to Walnut Grove will be required as needed.
Bring your strong leadership skills to this dynamic team environment
HealthLink BC is a transforming organization that will realize technological innovation and enhancement of current core services and an expansion and integration into other health-related initiatives that will promote improved wellness and health for the residents of British Columbia and other jurisdictions. HealthLink BC plays an integral role in health system redesign and Ministry of Health initiatives now and into the future.
The Dietitian & Physical Activity Services Director is a business-minded leader who is responsible for the effective and efficient management of Dietitian & Physical Activity Services at HealthLink BC. The Director is responsible for strategic, operational, program and policy development, and plays a critical role in affecting positive change and business transformation within the organization. The Director reports to and is directly accountable to the HealthLink BC Executive Director of Operations. The Director may provide coverage for the HealthLink BC Executive Director in their absence.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post-graduate degree in a related area.
- Eligibility for Registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
- Member of Dietitians of Canada.
- Five years progressive management experience including a senior role in a large, performance-focused health care organization with responsibilities for leading complex and/or large-scale change.
- Experience developing and implementing program strategies and policies to meet organizational goals.
- Experience seeking innovative solutions and alternative approaches to optimize the overall performance of an organization and/or the performance of a specific area.
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams in the delivery of complex change initiatives, where diverse stakeholder interests prevail.
- Experience representing an organization and establishing and maintaining strong and positive working relationships with representatives from various levels of governments, professional and not for profit organizations and other interest groups.
- Experience marketing, communicating at a senior level the concepts behind programs and expected outcomes or impact.
- Experience collaborating and negotiating with diverse interest groups.
Salary $72,000 – $100,000 annually
For more information and to apply online by February 8, 2018, please go to: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=47084