BC Ministry of Health
Optimal Use Pharmacist
$74,680.62 – $97,379.88 annually (plus 3% Recruitment & Retention Adjustment)
The Pharmaceutical Services Division (PSD) leads, innovates and manages the Province’s drug program to improve health outcomes. It is responsible for the overall coordination, decision making, and performance of the BC PharmaCare program (the program is comprised of ten specialty benefit plans, the largest being the income-based Fair PharmaCare plan), which is regulated under the Pharmaceutical Services Act.
The Optimal Use Pharmacist provides professional consultation, policy advice, literature evaluation, knowledge translation, and program evaluation for the Pharmaceutical Services Division. In the role of Optimal Use Pharmacist, you are responsible for the development and critical assessment of pharmaceutical studies, guidelines, protocols and policies with key stakeholders to improve health outcomes in a cost-effective manner. You collaborate with other branches within and beyond Pharmaceutical Services Division. The Optimal Use Pharmacist requires a high level of understanding of pharmaceutical treatment and medical practice to understand and work with highly trained general practitioners, specialists, other healthcare professionals, patients and Ministry personnel. As a highly effective communicator, you provide written communications to the public and senior executive for the Drug Intelligence, Optimization, Outcomes, and Strategy Branch. Organized and results oriented, you are able to deal with the daily pressure of critical timelines in a politically sensitive, highly confidential environment. A skilled collaborator, you establish and maintain productive working relationships with numerous internal and external stakeholders and provide direct support to the Drug Intelligence, Optimization, Outcomes, and Strategy Leadership Team. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled business professional seeking to grow their skills and advance their career in an interesting and vital health care area.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Graduation from a recognized Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences with a minimum Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy.
- Current registration and license in good standing as a Licensed Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of BC, or immediate eligibility for registration.
- 2 – 5 years systems experience as a license practicing pharmacist in BC retail, hospital, or government pharmacy practice.
- Demonstrated experience in medical literature research, analysis and interpretation.
- Preference may be given to applicants with an advanced degree (E.g.: Master’s or Doctorate in Pharmacy) or completion of recognized pharmacy residency program.
For more information and to apply online by February 26, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/57267
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.