BC Centre on Substance Use
Temporary Full Time Research Assistant Systematic Reviews
The BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) is a provincially networked organization with a mandate to develop, help implement, and evaluate evidence-based approaches to substance use and addiction. BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) seeks to improve the integration of best practices and care across the continuum of substance use through the collaborative development of evidence-based policies, guidelines, and standards. With the support of the Province of BC, BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) aims to transform substance use policies and care by translating research into education and care guidance, thereby serving all British Columbians.
Reporting to the Manager, Principle Investigator, or other designate, the Research Assistant, Systematic Reviews assists the research team in the implementation, execution and evaluation of research- and systematic-review activities. The Research Assistant, Systematic Reviews collects, transcribes and organizes empirical and literature-review study-related data. This role also provides support with protocol submissions to systematic review registers (e.g., Prospero).
- Assists with systematic literature reviews on substance use disorders.
- Collects back-up source documentation, as required.
- Develops, updates and maintains study databases and source document worksheets.
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to identification and release of study data.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of research protocols for funding and ethics review.
- Conducts literature searches and assists in the study eligibility assessments and critical appraisal.
- Assists with the preparation of systematic review manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of systematic reviews and basic health-research design is preferred
- Excellent time management, data entry skills, attention to detail, prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge in use PubMed/ Medline, Google Scholar, Microsoft Office Software, Reference Manager (e.g., EndNote) and familiarity with Email and Internet.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, hospital charting and clinical trials.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline in a health, social science or related field. Master’s Degree preferred. One (1) to three (3) years’ previous research experience working in the healthcare field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Should you meet the above qualifications and if you are interested in being part of a team that cares please click here or contact email@example.com . When applying please ensure to submit a resume and cover letter
Applications will be accepted until position is filled