Aboriginal Infant Development Program (AIDP) & Aboriginal Supported Child Development Program (ASCD)
The Aboriginal Infant Development Program (AIDP) and Aboriginal Supported Child Development Program (ASCD) Provincial Office is seeking an experienced administrative assistant. This position is full time (35 hours per week) with benefits. The office is located in Victoria, B.C. with some occasional travel required. The provincial office supports approximately 100 AIDP and ASCD programs throughout B.C.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with AIDP/ASCD Provincial Advisors to facilitate communication with all AIDP/ASCD Programs, 10 AIDP/ASCD regional advisors, numerous ECD stakeholders and Provincial Advisory Committee.
- Provide administrative support to Provincial Advisors including managing phone calls, mail, files, contact lists, reporting, invoices and cheque requisitions.
- Coordination of AIDP/ASCD Provincial Advisory Committee meetings, book venue, meal menu, assemble and circulate meeting materials and minute taking.
- Support the AIDP Provincial Advisor and Professional Development Fund Committee
- Support the ASCD Provincial Advisor and Partnerships Project Committee and activities.
- Website maintenance. (Mainly updating and removing outdated material, post training, announcements, links etc.)
Competencies and Requirements:
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent related to office administration and management.
- Working knowledge and experience in office management systems and procedures.
- Proven experience as an administration assistant with general and key duties and responsibilities of day-to-day office activities.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, website maintenance, social media.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team.
- Comfort working with people of all ages from a culturally safe, Aboriginal philosophy.
- Experience working with Indigenous communities and urban Aboriginal service organizations.
- Planning and coordination of committee meetings
- Successfully undergo criminal record check and vulnerable sector check
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal ancestry.
Please provide cover letter, resume, and three current references to:
Diana Elliott – e-mail: email@example.com or Fax: 250-388-5502
For more information: Phone: (250)-388-5593 or toll free: 1-866-338-4881
Deadline: 4:30 pm, Tuesday, February 19th, 2018