Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the administrative tasks related to the running of the Association’s office. Supporting the ED in the managing all operational aspects of the organization including a large membership and volunteer base. The Administrative coordinator supports the ED to manage consultants, contractors, coordinators, communications, bookkeeping, and an IT professional. This role is responsible for office support, committee support and event planning logistics for the Association.
The PHABC is a voluntary, non-profit, NGO (est. 1953), affiliated with Canadian Public Health Association. The PHABC promotes and protects public health by actively working to advance the development and implementation of healthy public policy, by encouraging and facilitating research that supports public health and cooperating regionally, nationally and internationally with partner organizations. Its national linkages enable the PHABC to participate in dialogue and action on matters of interest across Canada. The PHABC has a long track record of fiscal and administrative stability and considerable experience with community development, continuing education, initiatives addressing the determinants of health and project planning, implementation, assessment and evaluation. PHABC has partnered with the federal and provincial governments to carry out significant knowledge development and exchange projects.
- First contact and Correspondence with members and the general public (emails, phone calls).
- Management and support of Board and Committees activities, assisting the ED and Committee Chairs in the organization and coordination of meeting and other events
- Formatting and editing all documents (contracts, policies, communications, notices, presentations and publications)
- Office operations and office supplies including mail and courier services.
- Maintain the electronic records of the association including policies, project documents, policies, and financials.
- Overall coordination of different events and logistics coordinator of major events
- Membership database maintenance, payments and customer service support
- Undertake communication activities such as e-blasts.
- Assist and support to bookkeeper
- Assist accountant and ED to conduct activities related to year-end review.
- Work together with the ED to ensure implementation and compliance with financial policies.
- Responsible for payments to consultants, services and vendors and deposits.
- Working with the ED to complete reporting requirements for funders
- Work with ED and the treasurer to prepare an annual budget.
- Assisting project managers and consultants to meet project deliverables.
- Project management support planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services.
- Post-secondary degree in Administration or Business field plus 2 years’ experience
- Desirable experience and familiarity with non-profits and reporting to a board of directors.
- Strong organization skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Basic WordPress management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and assume responsibility with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diversity of people and groups;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Possess a fundamental respect for all whom they meet and encounter through their work.
- Valid BC Driver’s licence and vehicle.
This is a one-year contract valued at $32,032 (plus 5% GST) at 3.5 days/week (28 hrs per week) with the opportunity for renewal. The position is located in Victoria. Some travel is required as part of this contract. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 4:00pm on February 28th.
PHABC is an equal opportunity organization and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this contract without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.