Ministry of Technology Innovation and Citizens’ Services
Salary $ $72,455.73- $ $82,891.45 annually
The Real Property Division (RPD) provides a range of workplace and real estate services to government ministries and the broader public sector. The real estate portfolio of leased and government-owned properties under RPD management is diverse and extends throughout the province. The Corporate Sustainability Team within RPD provides strategic advice and oversight of a management framework that addresses key responsibilities pertaining to the environmental stewardship and health & safety aspects of real property services.
The Senior Manager, Health and Safety Management System facilitates and manages the establishment and ongoing administration of an effective management system to uphold RPD workplace health and safety accountabilities through compliance with recognized good industry practices (e.g. ISO 18001/45001).
The position provides subject matter expertise and supports RPD in upholding health and safety management practices and responsibilities so as to ensure the organization meets all applicable legal and regulatory obligations. The role does not provide day to day or tactical health and safety oversight, but rather coordinates and oversees management of health and safety considerations that are executed by RPD and its co-management partners, which include contracted service providers, public/private partnerships, the Public Service Agency, ministry and broader public sector clients, building occupants, landlords and their contracted services.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Graduate of a recognized workplace health and safety certificate or degree program that is recognized under ISO 17024 or equivalent standards.
- CRSP, ROH or equivalent accreditation.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of health and safety management systems best practices as recognized under ISO 18001/45001 or equivalent standards.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and promoting components of a management system.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working within a large, complex organization.
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by July 30th 2017, please visit: