BC Public Service
Ministry of Children and Family Development
Salary $30.4966 – $40.0280 hourly
1 Permanent Part-time position and 3 Auxiliary As and When Required positions
Note: Required to work evenings/weekends. Day and afternoon shifts available – night shifts are not required.
Prince George Youth Custody Services provides Secure and Open sentenced custody as well as remand and pre-court detention for male and female residents in custody under the Youth Criminal Justice Act. Youth Justice contributes to public safety by promoting the development of law abiding behaviour primarily through an integrated, multi-disciplinary approach.
Under the general direction of the Health Services Supervisor, and with a high degree of clinical independence, you will participate in the coordination and delivery of healthcare to youths in custody. You will be responsible for completing initial health assessments on newly admitted youths, providing clinical consultation and expertise to correctional and case management staff by assessing fitness for admission, risk for victimization, self-harm/acting out and possible sexual/physical abuse of youths. You will also administer medications as ordered by physicians/psychiatrists and facilitate pre-clinic screening by responding to Health Service Request Forms.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Registered or eligible for registration with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of BC (CPRNBC) or the Registered Nurses Association of BC (RNABC) and two (2) years’ experience.
- Experience working with adolescents from diverse cultural backgrounds is preferred.
- Level 2 OFA (has to be completed upon appointment).
- Experience delivering workshops for youth
- Some mental health experience preferred.
- Current CPR-C level certification preferred.
For more information about this opportunity and to apply before June 14, 2017:
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.