Centre for Applied Research in Mental Health & Addiction
Centre for Applied Research in Mental Health and Addiction (CARMHA) is currently recruiting for a Research Assistant (RA) who is passionate and well-versed in academic and applied research relating to mental health and addiction. The RA will work with one of CARMHA’s dedicated research teams in the execution of specific research tasks related to one of the centre’s key projects.
Who we are
CARMHA is an internationally recognized research centre conducting innovative and interdisciplinary scientific research related to mental health and substance use, primarily in the areas of health systems and population health and epidemiology. CARMHA is based within the Faculty of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University.
Our primary mission is to conduct research, generate evidence, and translate knowledge into policy and practice in a way that is innovative, relevant and effective in preventing and reducing the burden of disease related to mental health and substance use.
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website for more information relating to our research, people and projects at www.sfu.ca/carmha.
Who you are
- You have completed a Master’s degree in health or social sciences OR you have completed your Bachelor’s degree in health or social sciences and have a minimum of two years of related research experience (including experience conducting systematic reviews)
- You have applied experience of both qualitative and quantitative research methods and have experience conducting systematic literature reviews
- You have experience providing administrative support in a research setting including managing research files and documents, coordinating team meetings, and taking meeting minutes
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and have contributed to the development of reports, publications and research presentations
- You are efficient at managing your own time and demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- You are passionate about, and committed to contributing to the field of mental health and addiction research
- You have applied knowledge and experience in working on complex systems issues, either directly in mental health and addiction or other areas of health and social care that intersect with mental health and addiction
- You are trustworthy and work well independently and as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
One-year, full- time contract with the possibility of extension. The anticipated start time for the position is the end of July, 2017.
SFU Harbour Centre Campus, Vancouver
How to apply
Please send your CV and your one-page cover letter to email@example.com
Applications will be received until 5pm on Wednesday July 19, 2017. Successful applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview.
We look forward to receiving your application!
The CARMHA team